The following photo opportunity came about because I forgot to bring my passport when we went up north to Cassano for the day. Since we usually "tank the car" (fill the gas) in Switzerland which just happens to be 15 min drive across the border, it's always a good idea to have your passport. As we drive through Luino, Michele asks "do you have your passport?" Hmmm, normally I always remember, but never fails...the one time I forget it, I need it, you know...when crossing a border. So I took the photo opportunity and a nice 20 min walk around town in Luino (Italy) while Michele went to tank the car. (Note: The last time we entered Switzerland the border patrol officers were delighted to see an Oregonian! :) I am continually surprised who knows where Oregon is located). Normally I have to explain "just north of California" because California and New York seem to be the hotspots of the U.S.A. Who knew?

Lago Maggiore and the Alps
