"Pasta per tutti"
is an Italian phrase that is used when you invite people into your home to enjoy an informal meal together. "Pasta for all." Now, we invite you to the table, so to speak, to share in our life experiences, travels and cuisine adventures!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Pineapple Rum Raisin Marmalade


Marmellata D'Ananas by Michele

Pineapple Rum Raisin Marmalade
"Special Edition"

1 whole pineapple
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
1/2 pint rum
1 pkg pectin

Prep Time: 20 min
Makes: 1 quart

Preparation:
Cut the pineapple in small cubes. In a pan, add pineapple cubes, raisins, sugar and pectin. Bring to boil for at least 3 minutes to allow the pectin to set. Remove from heat. Add the rum and pour hot into desired size jars.

Special note: As I heard laughter coming from the kitchen, I thought I better go inspect what was happening. I found Michele with a big smile on his face as he whipped up his latest creation! 

"I had to do something with all that pineapple!" - Michele