"Pasta per tutti"
is an Italian phrase that is used when you invite people into your home to enjoy an informal meal together. "Pasta for all." Now, we invite you to the table, so to speak, to share in our life experiences, travels and cuisine adventures!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Olio & Aceto

Recently while out and about, I decided to check out a little shop that I've walked past a number of times. Imagine a shop that you can choose from a variety of olive oils, balsamic vinegars, liquors, spiced salts and tapenades! As I walked in, I explained in my best Italian that I was looking for a gift to be best paired with meats for a BBQ! You choose the size and shape of bottle you desire, then the type of "olio" extra virgin olive oil or "aceto balsamico" balsamic vinegar. They bottle it right there while you wait and handwrite the type on the bottle. The highlight was definitely the "taste test" of multiple types before deciding on a pure extra virgin olive oil infused with rosemary, a second with garlic and a balsamic vinegar with black currant. On the way out the door, I received a few samples of the pear balsamic and oil with lemon to try!

More Info at: http://vomfass.it/