"Pasta per tutti" is an Italian phrase that is used when you invite people into your home to enjoy an informal meal together. "Pasta for all." Now, we invite you to the table, so to speak, to share in our life experiences, travels and cuisine adventures!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Eh, Eh Signora!
As I looked both ways, I observed a large distance between me and the next car...so I went for it. Crossed the street, as I stepped onto the sidewalk when I heard..."Ehi, Ehi signora" quite loudly. Of course I ignored them, because 1) people yelling at one another in the street is a common occurrence 2) I did not want anything they were selling 3) I just did not care to turn and look. Well as my luck would have it...I hear..."Ehi, signora!" AGAIN! I thought for a split second...that I may have dropped something crossing the street. My head turned slightly and I saw a moving small truck with a guy leaning out the window, twisted neck...shouting "dove via egadi, eh?" I looked at him in disbelief, yet answered and pointed in the direction. Next quite loudly I hear "grazie Madammme, grazzzieee!" as the car sped away. Loud enough for the surrounding park and neighborhood to hear. Seriously people, I cannot even make this stuff up. I just shook my head, big eyes and laughed as I walked on because they were on their way to the same street I was. :)