"Pasta per tutti"
is an Italian phrase that is used when you invite people into your home to enjoy an informal meal together. "Pasta for all." Now, we invite you to the table, so to speak, to share in our life experiences, travels and cuisine adventures!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Snow, snow and more...snow

Ok, I'll admit I have been quite a bit behind on the blog updates. Now is the time to catch up a bit and I'll do my best to fill you in on what's been happening in the land of little cars, tiny parking spaces, the best cappuccino and the.best.pasta. Am I forgetting anything? Well there is much much more to living in Italy of course, so joking aside...here are the updates. I recently finished a contract working for a university in Milan. Quite an experience working along side some pretty fantastic people! I continue to look for the parmigiano reggiano in other opportunities and for now, enjoy the holidays. The mention of holidays brings us to the present, as in northern Sweden where the snow is falling and light is...well actually it's dark, since a bit before 3pm. We started out early Saturday, packing every single inch of the car...and we were off! Prosecco, Panettone, Pandoro included. Italian wine and desserts are very important. It has been snowing the past few days in Milano and that set the excitement level of mozydog on high! He was hippity hopping through the neighborhood and nearby park. Strangers smiling and commenting how happy he was. I laughed and agreed. So as you can imagine the focus on the trip and every.single.stop which we stretched our legs and refueled, mozy was pointing north. Besides who really needs GPS anyway. Focused and knows the road. We stopped in the south of Sweden to get some sleep Saturday night and then continued on Sunday. Arrived to the house, greeted with close to 3 ft of snow in the driveway, yard and yes...across the doors. So after digging a pathway as you can see below, we officially arrived. This pathway actually doubles as the practice track for mozy's lightning bobsledding for the moment until the whole driveway etc can be cleared. As we unpacked the car, he was racing back and forth in this track and all I saw was white with a blur of a tail. More photos to come...we hope you will enjoy!
ps. Arrived to a surprise of new kitchen table and chairs!