"Pasta per tutti"
is an Italian phrase that is used when you invite people into your home to enjoy an informal meal together. "Pasta for all." Now, we invite you to the table, so to speak, to share in our life experiences, travels and cuisine adventures!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

most unexpected moments of 2013

Starting with an unusual amount of snowfall in Sweden during the holidays in which we had to clear the driveway and dig out the car almost daily. The foot path shoveled from the driveway to the front door during the first days, doubled as a bobsled training track for mozy much to his delight!

We watched the northern lights in Sweden at -18°C! brrr

Observed 4 fox, many moose and 1 very outrageously cool grey owl all in their natural habitats!

Took a trip to the Lindt Chocolate factory outlet in Induna Olona
As I saw the sign, I became curious as to why so many times we have drove this road, why is it that we have never stopped before at the Chocolate factory!?! I quickly mentioned to M as we approached the rondò (roundabout), "to choose the exit wisely" and I think he purposely slowed down...but then exited the last moment and we were on our way to the Lindt Chocolate Factory & Outlet. It was as if I had the golden ticket entering with a cart and choosing from rows and rows, shelves and shelves and overflowing bins of chocolate of any kind! All the while, smiling (ok, grinning) giddy with excitement!

Unexpectedly got mixed up in a sea of teen girls outside a hotel entrance...eagerly awaiting the appearance of a popular boy band? What? Yes, it's true. As I popped up on the street level of piazza della Repubblica...I heard what sounded like "oooh, aaa, ohh!" in a great crowd! I was on my way to a Christmas event and did not realize in that moment...that I was actually going to the very source of the crowd. Elbowed my way up to the security guards, dropped the magic word and et voilĂ ! I was being ushered across the gate (the teens growled) and then as I walked through the group of paparazzi...I thought "I must be in the wrong place." Only "One Direction" to go :)

Saw shooting stars while in the Alps

Looking forward to 2014!