"Pasta per tutti"
is an Italian phrase that is used when you invite people into your home to enjoy an informal meal together. "Pasta for all." Now, we invite you to the table, so to speak, to share in our life experiences, travels and cuisine adventures!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Quiche Melanzana


Last night we whipped up another quick quiche for dinner. This time, with grilled melanzana (eggplant). I remember as a kid having quiche only at my grandma's house. Since she was French/Italian, I knew it was something that she was proud to make in addition to her creampuffs and the occasional rabbit. Only now, do I realize how common it is to eat here in Europe. We have it at least once a week for lunch or dinner and it's different every time. Below are a few combinations we've made...

(All include a sprinkle of French herbs & nutmeg)

zucchini & scamorza affumicata*
speck* & onion
brie & prosciutto
wuerstel & onion
potato & carrot
eggplant & onion
scamorza & sausage

*scamorza affumicata: a smoked cheese similar to mozzarella
*speck: a cured meat similar to bacon