Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
During a recent trip up north to Ö-Vik (Örnsköldsvik) for a bit of errands we decided to add a few stops to our day.
Old Train stations seem to hold their stories for a lifetime. It's as if I close my eyes I can hear the train whistle blow, the steam and the chaos of travelers arriving and departing. This particular one below is closed now and there's a new one close by. We thought the brick and architecture was beautiful and deserved to be shared.
A quick stop for antiques was up next. What is it about antiques that draw us to them? The worn look, the color, the style, the smell, the story they could tell? As I was drawn to the chairs, Michele was on the search for some albums and anything that might catch his eye. The classic, "I will know when I find it" search. We walked away with some great Swedish pottery and glassware. Quite honestly I've always enjoyed the buildings, old barns, homes etc that antique shops usually occupy than the treasures you can find. It's also fun to watch as people find something and quickly guard it as they continue on their search for more. Ok, comment if you have never done that :)
